6.11.2012

popcorn ceilings


Look at it up there. It's like guano all over the ceiling.

If there's one omnipresent feature of the house that doesn't fit in with the look I'm going for, it would be popcorn ceilings. Ugly popcorn ceilings. Luckily, this isn't a big issue cost-wise. It does, however, create a HUGE mess when removing.

The above picture doesn't show it well, but my ceilings also have blue sparkles in them. Not even lying.

I've already removed the popcorn ceiling in the side entry "foyer", the laundry room, and on the soffit in the kitchen that's directly over the peninsula (for some reason that's the only place it existed in the kitchen). Next on the list is the hallway. If you can't tell, I'm doing all the small spaces first. It's a confidence thing... The clean freak in me is scared to start on the larger rooms. I just know I'll be finding pieces of the ceiling in the carpet for months to come.

1 comment:

  1. If you're just removing the popcorn pieces and leaving the paint underneath, then yea, that's messy. I find if I spritz the ceiling with water and leave it for a while, I can easily peel it. If my ceiling looked like yours, I'd leave it alone... I personally love the lacy and delicate look. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete